Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Recommendations

I think I’ll wrap up this semester by giving out a few recommendations. I read an awful lot of books, manga and comics, so for a nice bookend, I’m recommending some of my favorite series. As a side note, I’ll probably be more on my main blog from now on, though I’m not shutting OB down just yet.
So without further ado, here are some comic series and manga series to get a reader started. Remember, almost all these series contain mature subject matter, so be cautious if you are easily offended.

In alphabetical order would be the easiest I suppose, so that's what I'll do.

100 Bullets
Azzarello, Brian

A Contract with God Trilogy
Eisner, Will

Transmetropolitan
Ellis, Warren

Preacher
Ennis, Garth

Great Teacher Onizuka
Fujisawa, Tohru

1602
Gaiman, Neil

The Eternals
Gaiman, Neil

The Sandman
Gaiman, Neil

Uzumaki
Ito, Junji

Black and White
Matsumoto, Taiyo

300
Miller, Frank

Sin City
Miller, Frank

Berserk
Miura, Kentaro

Nausicaa of the Valley Wind
Mizaki, Hayao

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Moore, Alan

V for Vendetta
Moore, Alan

Watchmen
Moore, Alan

Strangers in Paradise
Moore, Terry

Akira
Otomo, Katsuhiro

Bone
Smith, Jeff

Saikano
Takahashi, Shin

Welcome to the NHK
Takimoto, Tasuhiko

Phoenix
Tezuka, Osamu

Blankets
Thomson, Craig

Y the Last Man
Vaughn, Brian


Remember, most of these can be found at either Amazon.com or your local library.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment